Saturday 22 October 2011

First pair of Chaos Space Marines

Managed to get some work done on my Black Legion Army. Below is the first pair of space marines that are still work-in-progress but about 80% done. Have yet to place the Black Legion decal on the shoulder pads, put in the final highlights of the black armour, and base it.



Gold parts are a tad bright because I was too enthusiastic when highlighting with burnished gold. Plan to go easier on the bright highlights on later marines. But after some trail and error I kinda liked a mid-tone layer of 1:1:1 ratio of tin bitz:dwarf bronze:burnished gold, which I discovered from a tutorial on you tube - Black Legion Tutorial by GirlPainting

9 comments:

  1. dude, you forget to sand/texture your base~~
    and yes, some highlight on the armor and wash down the gold, then these bad boys are ready to roll =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pics quality is definitely better.
    And so are your models :)

    Those figs are coming out nicely. Yup, just base them and they're good to rock n roll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @me ... yah, base not done yet, heh heh, cannot decide whether to put a brownish base or greyish base ... leaning towards brownish like my ultramarines so the whole thing doesn't look so dull

    @khairul ... thanks =) ... really funny the pics quality ... still same phone camera but I do agree its much better than earlier ... no idea why, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the photo quality might have something to do with lighting and also the distance. My antique iPhone1 oso encounter the same situation, when you place the figure a bit far away, it suddenly become clear, but if you place it nearer, then it is all blur...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @limp/me true, camera phones are not known for their macro funtions. I could have also gotten lucky in that the camera focused on the figures and not somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good! My vote is for earth/grass basing as well. It would be a nice contrast with the Black Legion paintjob, and easy to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @deathkorps ... thanks. That's what I thought about the base i.e. contrast would be better. But the gray-gravel/grassy base that I see on GW site looks kinda cool too, hence my indecision. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. or if you something out of the ordinary, paint the base in various hues of red..full of blood and gore..

    ReplyDelete
  9. @vuel ... good idea. Some skulls would be cool too, together with the gore. One for the future. Just need to get the basics down pat first. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...